Friday, December 5, 2008

Poem for the Heartbroken..

Don't get me wrong: I am not heartbroken. I just want to write a poem bout' it and place myself in the shoes of someone being rejected by the one he/she loves.

So, here we go. Hope you appreciate it:

*****

If only you could see me this way...
Then maybe you'd sense how tormented I am now..
How pressured I am with your look..
Your voice echoes inside my room of a box...
Hitting my mind with every bounce.
My things are reclining.
I am starting to doubt you...
To question you...
Do you love me still?
If not
then why not let me go?
then why not set me free?
You are selfish... selfish indeed.
Selfish to not let me love someone else...
My heart is bound to you..
effortlessly...
still...
yet...
I don't love you the way I did before.
More? Less? I really can't tell..
It's all contrasting...
confusing...
One moment... I love you...
The next moment... I don't...
Then I'll secretly hate you...
But then I secretly want you...
In the end I come back to loving you... again...
Not a minute will pass without you occupying half of it...
How could you be this powerful?
How could you be this consistent?
How could you run through my mind always without getting tired?
How could you make me write a thousand letters...
a thousand poems about you?
How could you be this powerful?
How could you take over me like this?
How could you make me love you this way?
Despite all...
Despite all...
I just love you...

No comments: